Wednesday 4 March 2009

Roofs, Beer and Opthalmology


Miscanthus sinensis Ferne Osten

Well the potting shed is still standing after a night of heavy rain and strong winds and the soil is still on the roof and not next door. What I need now are a couple of good hard frosts to break the soil up a bit.

Last night we had the first meeting of the village hall committee this year. We spent the evening planning this years events and working out how to co-ordinate with the other groups in the village. The first event is a pub night on the 13th of March, always a good way to start the year, so if you happen to be near Woodhurst you would be very welcome. If you do get there early as the locals normally finish off the real ale in an hour or so!

We are actually looking to rebuild the hall and replace it with an eco friendly building, it would be a great focus for the community. We have got some ideas but if anyone out there has done anything like this I would love to here about your experiences, good or bad.

I am off to the Doctors later this morning, I think I have got a relapse of an eye problem I had a few years ago, I hope not but I have a bad feeling. I will let you know how I get on.

2 comments:

  1. I hope it's nothing serious. Take care, gary. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing posts and articles, found your site while surfing the web, have bookmarked it now, and keep on writing
    louisville roofer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.