Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Back to work day

I have had a couple of days off, I spent Friday morning in the emergency eye clinic at our local hospital having various tests. They confirmed what I thought that I have the re-occurrence of the macular odema I had a few years ago. Basically this is a build up of fluid between the layers of the retina in the area of the eye used for close focus. The result is I am having real problems even reading what I am typing. The good news is that my distance vision is ok (ish), the bad news is there's not a lot they can do. The big problem is that my job is Documentation management which means I am in front of a screen all day, oh well.


I was alone for most of the weekend as Sharron was officiating at the Davis Cup tennis in Scotland. She flew back yesterday and we spent the afternomm at Welney watching the wildfowl.

The flooded grasslands provide a winter haven for migrating birds and now the trust has bought addition farmland adjacent to the main reserve it means the birds have even more space to graze.