Wednesday, 21 January 2009

Oh what a beautiful morning


This was the view from the bottom of the garden this morning, the 2 spires are the churches in St Ives (Cambridgeshire NOT Cornwall!).

Yesterdays forum on the RHS website was fun, apart from a complete lack of any sensible navigation on the site I think some good points whee raised. For a more full review have a look at VP's site.

Well things are beginning to happen in the garden.


Apart from the bulbs breaking through I have noticed the wildlife getting ready for spring. The squirrels are beginning to pair up, chasing each other up and down the trees. This morning I have been watching Blue Tits Parus caeruleus investigating possible nest sites, including the Bat box on our walnut tree. I also have Starlings Sturnus vulgaris trying to get into a sparrow nest box. I even heard a woodpecker drumming this morning, spring must be on the way.