Tuesday 16 June 2009

Poppies and a Tawny owl.


Yes I know I have done poppies before but I just love them. This one is called 'Fluffy ruffles' can't think why? These have self seeded all around the garden and the veg patch I can't bring myself to weed them out.


I love the splash of red that suddenly appears in the middle of the flower bed which just draws the eye to it.

About a week ago my friend Sally found this young Tawny owl hopping around her flower bed. After speaking to a local expert she placed the chick in a box and put it in a dark garage ready to release it that evening when the parents would return to look for it.


I haven't seen her since but as far as I am aware all went well.

4 comments:

  1. Poppies are blooming all over the hyperspace gardenworld making me want to plant some. You red one is especially nice.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen double-variety poppies and I love what I see here. Wow! The baby looks sweet! Hope she's safe now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks like a dozy porcupine.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. love poppies so you can show as many pictures as you like - will drool over them all.
    p x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.