Tuesday 31 August 2010

New Plants


It's funny how things work out, within minutes of posting my last entry a friend in the village contacted me asking if I wanted all the Perennials and shrubs she was digging out of her new veg patch. So I spent a couple of hours round at Julie's digging and came back with 2 barrow loads of plants, including a lovely Hydrangea and a Daphne. I then spent much of Sunday afternoon planting them. I would have liked to have put the Daphne in the front garden so that people walking past or to the house benefited from the scent in the spring but someone in the past 'landscaped' it 6 inches deep in pebbles so it has had to go out the back. I don't know if it was fate or what but it was just the lift I needed over the weekend.


I took the dogs out for a walk early this morning, the fields look lovely now they have been harvested and the straw is waiting to be baled. After the last couple of weeks of rain it was nice to be out in the morning sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. Funny how the fields look almost frosted. I gather you expect the daphne to be fine; I killed 2 and gave up, but then that was at the front - which was just as you describe. 6 years later, I have climbers going up nearly 10 feet there, but daphnes aren't impressed by it...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.