Wednesday 12 May 2010

New growth and learning to see things differently

I am sorry that I haven't been updating my Blogs recently, I have had a lot going on but that is no excuse.

At least the garden is coming to life properly now. One of my favourite plants is now in full bloom, this perennial cornflower. I just love the colour and the delicate petals.


The Greenhouse is providing almost more salad than we can eat, the first batch is now starting to run to seed but I have a second crop following on close behind.


This year I have decided to grow my tomatoes in pots, I am also growing different varieties, Gardeners delight, Shirley, Beefsteak and good old Alicante. You will notice the sprinkler on the floor, I have invested on an Auto watering timer this year, partly to save me carrying cans down the garden but also because if I use the hose I have to play with Boris and you don't always want a soaking wet dog.


The Shallots I planted in the herb garden are coming on really well


As is the garlic in the main veg patch.



One of the thing I have been doing over the last few weeks has been rediscovering watercolour painting. I should say from the start I am not very good and I will probably not be inflicting any on you just yet. I have however been going for lessons at the local evening class centre. One of the good things that has come of this is that I am seeing things differently, especially skies. I thought it was just me being a bit pretentious but when I was leaving my class last night two of the other students said the same to me. I am almost ashamed to admit this as a keen photographer but I think I just took them for granted but now as I am trying to reproduce them I realise what a fantastic palette of colour is present, of course I do have the advantage of living in East Anglia which is famed for it's huge skies. I am hoping that this will improve my photography as well my painting.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning,

    Thank you the garden update. It's good to see so much progress with vegetables. If I had a spot where the doggies didn't roam, I would have more veggies.

    Regarding your photographer's eye, as a photographer's daughter and after a lifetime of film and digital imaging, I, too, learn something new every time I read a new article or listen to another photographer.

    I look forward to seeing your paintings.

    Best,

    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.