Friday 16 April 2010

Our new seating area

Last year we decided to make the area of grass where we had placed our gazebo a permanent seating area we could use all year round. I laid down a weed resistant mat covering last weekend in preparation.

I had order 2 cubic metres of blue slate chippings to cover the area.


Unfortunately the chippings had to be left by the house so it all had to be moved by wheelbarrow.

I put the chipping down with a thickness of about 2 inches which will give a firm weed resistant base once it has settled.



Once the slate was down I moved the furniture into place


and put the canopy on the gazebo.

Now all we need is a nice summer to enjoy it.

3 comments:

  1. The country side looks very pretty. I will be interested in seeing how you garden in England and if you have roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article Gary

    Keep on posting..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.