Wednesday 3 February 2010

A frosty morning


It's another lovely bright frosty morning here. We have had a few of them in the last week. Needless to say not everyone enjoys them on Monday 9 cars ended up in one ditch near here, yes 9 which says something about the driving style around here! I should add the road is dead straight!

The frosts are great for the garden especially for soft fruit such as Blckcurrent. They need a good cold snap to prompt them mto give a good crop later. The other things that will benefit are the native tree seeds we collected in the autumn to grow on to replant a local hedgerow. These require the cold weather to stimulate germination.

I went over to the gallery that will be hosting the exhibition of my photos in June to discuss how much space I will need. I am really excited about it but also very nervous. I am going to have to print and frame quite a lot of work in the next few months The other thing I need to do is take more photos, I want to do some images of spring flowers, everyday I am checking the garden for anything in bloom.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting having an exhibition. Where is the gallery where your exhibition will be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I would love to say The Tate Modern but sadly not! It is a little gallery/shop in a village called Abbots Ripton her in Cambrideshire. The exhibition will be in June and be all floral pictures. We have timed the exhibition to coincide with the Abbots Ripton flower show (a mini Hampton court show) which is on over the first weekend it opens on the showground nextdoor to the gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.