Sunday 16 August 2009

Norfolk


We took our visitors to Norfolk yesterday, Sharron was officiating at a tennis tournament in Cromer, so we thought it would fun to take them and Boris with us. After dropping Sharron off I took them to Sandringham, they toured the house while Boris and I explored the estate, it's actually quite a nice place the Queen has there.

I really like Norfolk, it has become quite trendy in the last few years and this was obvious with the number people on the roads yesterday. My favourite time to visit though is in the winter. When the north wind blowing straight in from the Arctic cuts through you. That is when you can get the huge sweeping beaches to yourself and you understand why it has been a favourite place with artists. It is also one of the best places to go wildlife watching, the marshes around Cley and Titchewell teem with birds and the flocks of geese and waders at Snettisham are a spectacular sight.

Anyway yesterday everywhere was full of day trippers enjoying a lovely sunny day. I can't really complain as that was exactly what we were doing! But I will be back later in the year when I can get the place to myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.