Monday, 24 August 2009

Ashes, films and fresh eggs.

Firsty so as not to upset our friends in Australia who read this blog I am not going to mention England's great win in the Ashes yesterday. It would be churlish of me to gloat as I know they would never do such a thing had the result been reversed ( yeah right!).

Anyway I actually spent a lot of the weekend in the garden (with the radio on) enjoying the lovely weather. We even went to an outdoor film so next door on Saturday night. I read in the gardening magazines that this is a new craze, you just need to hook up a projector to a laptop and find a suitable screen, in this case the back wall of a garage. It works really well and is great fun.

As you can see our blackberries are ripening well at the moment. I think my decision not to chop the hedges back as much over the winter has paid off as it looks like we are going to get a bumper crop this year.

After a barren couple of weeks the hens have started laying again. I have no idea why they stopped or for that matter why they have stared again. I am sure the is a reason, someone said it may be the autumn moult but I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that. All I know is the quality of my breakfast was suffering!